BastWAN is all the best in the world format Feather and LoRa with a RAK4260 core, 32 bits of power!, Feather pin to pin compatible with a micro USB port.
BastWAN is supported in the Arduino development environment.
Available on backorder
BastWAN is a Feather form factor board with the ultra-low-power, high-performance RAK4260 module at its core. It is powered by the Microchip R34 LoRa® System-in-Package (SiP) incorporating a 48Mhz SAML21 32-bit microcontroller. It also comes with native USB functionality and a LoRa transceiver.
Developed by Electronic Cats, the BastWAN features a Micro-USB port and LiPo battery charger as well as unique elements such as an ATECC608A crypto authentication chip and 2 MB SPI Flash for additional storage.
For easy software development, the Arduino environment is fully supported including a LoRa/LoRaWAN® compatible stack.
The board comes preloaded with the UF2 bootloader and appears as a virtual disk drive, reprogramming is as simple as dragging and dropping the firmware file – no special tools required. Being BOSSA compatible this bootloader also can be used directly within the Arduino integrated development environment (IDE), MakeCode, and many others.
BastWAN comes fully assembled, tested, and programmed with the UF2 USB bootloader.
- Perfect for beginners and advanced developers.
- Rapid prototype with LoRa/LoRaWAN technology
- Can use a large number of sensors and actuators easily with existing expansion cards.
- Open-source design and firmware by Electronic Cats
- LoRa Features
- Ultra-Low power LoRa® SiP device
- Supports the 862 to 1020 MHz frequency range
- Receive Sensitivity down to -148 dBm
- Maximum Transmit Power up to 20 dBm
- Low RX current of 17mA (typical)
- LoRa, (G)FSK, (G)MSK modulations
- RAK4260 @ 48MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 256KB of FLASH + 32KB of RAM
- 32.768 kHz crystal for clock generation & RTC
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
- 20 IO pins available on pin headers
- PWM, Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
- 6 x 12-bit analog inputs
- 1 x 10-bit analog output (DAC)
- Built-in 100mA LiPo charger with charging status indicator LED
- Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- Reset pin and button
- 4 mounting holes
- Product Dimension: 5.08 x 2.286 cm
- Product Weight: 6.9 g
- 1x BastWAN Development Board
- 1x Antenna for LoRa
- 1x Micro-USB cable
- 1x Set of Jumper wires
- BastWAN Evaluation Board Datasheet
View repository on GitHub
|Microcontroller||RAK4260 ARM Cortex M0|
|Input Voltage (recommended)||5V|
|Digital I/O Pins||20|
|PWM Digital I/O Pins||All pins|
|Analog Input Pins||6 x 12-bit|
|DC Current per I/O Pin||20 mA|
|DC Current for 3.3V Pin||500 mA|
|Flash Memory||256KB of FLASH|
|Communication||SPI, I2C, Serial|
|Lipoly charger current||100mA|
|Analog ouput (DAC)||1 x 10-Bit|