Note: This product will be delivered in October 2021
CatSniffer is an original multiprotocol and multiband board made for sniffing and communicating with IoT (Internet of Things) devices. It was designed as a highly portable USB stick that integrates the new generation of the chips TI CC1352, Semtech SX1262, and Microchip SAMD21E17.
This board is an auditing tool for security researchers looking into IoT security. The board can be used with different types of software including third-party sniffers such as SmartRF Packet Sniffer, Sniffle, zigbee2mqtt, Z-Stack-firmware, our custom firmware images, or you can even write your own firmware for your hacking needs.
CatSniffer integrates a switch that allows the user to work between 3 different frequencies:
- Sub 1 GHz
- 2.4 GHz
- Bluetooth 5 Low Energy (BLE)
- IEEE 802.15.4g
- 6LoWPAN (IPv6 over Low power Wireless Personal Area Networks)
- Sub 1Ghz and patented systems
- “The SimpleLink™ CC1352P device is a multiprotocol and multi-band Sub-1 GHz and 2.4-GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) supporting Thread, Zigbee®, Bluetooth® 5.2 Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4g, IPv6-enabled smart objects (6LoWPAN), MIOTY®, Wi-SUN®, proprietary systems”.
- CatSniffer uses SAMD21E17 as a USB-UART bridge to communicate with CC1352 chip, it’s not necessary manual driver installation (exceptions could exist).
- Compatible OS: Windows, Linux, and MAC
- Auto program through the bootloader from TI CC (as long as it’s not disabled in the code). No need external programer and it can be debugged with cJTAG through the default pin.
- Antenna SMA port, for an Antenna of your choice
- LEDs of general-purpose
- Reset button for SAMD21 & CC1352, Boot of CC1352, and one more for general purpose.
- Oficial TI PACKET-SNIFFER-2 v1.8
- Flash Programmer 2 y Uniflash from TI
Pre-requisites for build firmware
- CCS version: The packet sniffer firmware has been tested with CCS 10.2.
- SimpleLink CC13x2 and CC26x2 SDK 3.40.00.02
- Python 3
More details and repo: https://github.com/ElectronicCats/CatSniffer